You will hardly find anyone who doesn’t love cakes. Even the ones who are health conscious cannot deny they don’t love cakes. Whether it be a birthday party or a wedding, cakes can find a way through any occasion. Actually, you don’t need an occasion or a reason to have cakes. You can have it whenever you feel like it.
Cakes are available in a variety of flavours. They are not only delicious to have but they also look very attractive. All the credits to all the bakers who put in their effort to bake a beautifully designed cake. Speaking of cakes, one of the most important things is cake toppers. A cake topper is basically an edible item fixed on top of the cake. For example, you must have seen wedding cakes. Most of the wedding cakes are designed with a model of a wedding couple sitting on top of the cake. Well, that’s a cake topper.
It takes a lot of time and effort to design a cake topper. In order to make cake toppers, you need the required ingredients. If you want to know more about cake toppers, you are in the right place.
Ingredients required for making cake toppers
Making cake toppers is not easy. In fact, it takes a lot of effort to design a proper cake topper. If you are new to cake baking, you can find the given checklist useful. For your convenience, we have listed all the basic ingredients that are required to make cake toppers. Here you go with the details.
- Cake flour
- Unsalted butter for mixing and baking frostings
- A basket full of eggs at room temperature
- A lot of confectioners such as icings and sugar frostings
- White granulated sugar
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Whole milk
- Pasteurized egg whites required for royal icing
- a variety of colouring gels and shades for frosting
So these are the main ingredients you should have in your kitchen. When you are equipped with all these ingredients, you can bake an erotic cake any time and for whatever occasion you want.
Types of cake toppers
Now that you know about the ingredients required for making cake toppers, you should also learn about the types of cake toppers. You see cake toppers may differ based on the occasion the cake is made for. For example, a wedding cake will have a very different topper than that of a birthday cake. Here are some of the main types of cake toppers you can make.
Wedding cake toppers
Let’s start with the most popular cake topper. Wedding cakes are usually decorated with couples and flowers on top. Now it’s up to you how you want to design the couples. You can either design a model holding hands or dancing. There are so many ideas you can play with. If needed, you can also check the net for wedding cake topper ideas.
Birthday cake toppers
The next most common cake topper is for birthdays. There is a wide variety of models you can make for a birthday cake. You can either simply write happy birthday or design the age number in a creative way. If the birthday cake is for a baby or infant then you can even make a baby.
Romantic cake toppers
When it comes to making romantic cake toppers, there are so many things you can do. You can make a heart or a couple kissing. You can even write I love you and a lot of other things. Romantic cake toppers are perfect for the celebrating the occasion of love such as Valentine’s Day. Other than that it is also perfect for celebrating anniversaries as well.
Personalised cake toppers
This type of cake toppers is actually hard to make. You need to be an experienced cake decorating artist in order to design one of these. You can make your models that looks like you and place it on top. These are perfect for occasion such as anniversaries and weddings.
Apart from these mainstream cake toppers, you can create anything creative. For example, animated characters or quotes etc. you can get a lot of ideas from the web.
Tips for making cake toppers
Since you have just started out as a cake artist, you may find these tips really helpful.
- If you want to get better with your art, you need to be your own worst critic. Don’t be satisfied with what you are capable for. You need to aim for more. You need to constantly work on your skills till you reach a point where you cannot find out a flaw.
- You should know that making a cake topper is actually time consuming. If you made a cake topper within 15 minutes that doesn’t mean that you will be able to make something better within the same time frame. It may actually take more time and therefore, you need to be patient enough.
- In order to improve your skills, you need to continue practicing. Practice has no end. The more you practice, the better you will get at it. If you are to design something new or different, you need to practice till you get it prefect.
- You should take ideas and inspiration from other professional cake artists. There is no shame in that. Even professionals sometimes do that to enhance their skills. You can find a lot of creative ideas on the net.
- You should always think of doing something new and different. There is no end to creativity. If you have decided to become a cake artist, you have to work hard to become better.
Making cake toppers is not easy. If you want to get better at it, you need to practice a lot. For inspiration you can even check out what professional cake artists do. Start with small models and as you improve, you can experiment with it.